Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Rescue - New Watercolour Painting


Here's a painting I just recently completed, it's my interpretation of the moment of rescue where The Little Mermaid rescues her prince, whether or not she is bringing him up to the surface or dragging him down under is up to your own interpretation ;)

I was inspired by a great contemporary artist Arantza Martinez who also painted this beautiful moment with the Little Mermaid and her prince which is also called The Rescue. If you haven't heard of Arantza before I highly recommend following her work you can see the image that inspired me at the end of this post :)

Below are images depicting the process from thumbnails to completed painting. Materials used include; cartridge paper, kraft brown paper, Arches 300gsm medium watercolour paper, coloured pencil, graphite, masking fluid, gummed tape, various sized brushes, white gouache, white ink, watercolour paint; Art Spectrum, Windsor & Newton, Cotmans.

Enjoy.

Concept

Thumbnail Sketch

Finished Drawing

WIP 1

WIP 2

WIP 3

WIP 4

Finished Painting

Framed Print



Prints are available of this painting. They come in 2 sizes 8 x 10" $15 and 11 x 17" $25. The prints are on Epson Lustre paper and are of a very high quality. They can be purchased through my Etsy store here
The original can also be purchase for $200 and it's size is 27.5 x 37.5cm it can also be purchased through my Etsy store here 

The painting that inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, Belinda. Here is a link to a poem I wrote incorporating your watercolour The Rescue. Hope you like it: https://kurtiskitagawa.blogspot.com/search?q=blushing+maple
    All the best to you
    Kurtis in Canada

    ReplyDelete